Free Online Interactive Classes & Dancing!
- Saturdays April May June July 2020
- 7.30pm to 10:00pm
7.30pm-8.30pm Salsa & Bachata Solo Footwork (Shines)
8.30pm-10.00pm Dancing & Games
? Online Interactive Salsa & Bachata Classes & Social Dance Party
? Classes for All levels in Salsa & Bachata (Shines/Solo Footwork)
? Music & Dancing to the very BEST in Salsa & Bachata
? Lots of Interactive FUN in-between tracks, Trivia Questions, Charades, Name That Tune, Pictionary, Shout Outs, Competitions etc.
? Everyone Welcome
How to join (note the joining link and meeting details below changes for each Saturday and will be updated here soon after the Saturday event ready for the following Sat):
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 7355 0305
Please read the TIPS section further below to ensure you get the most from the party and your set up.
Please remember the main purpose of these parties is to see each other, learn, interact, dance and have fun. Something we all need at the best of times and is even more important during these difficult times for our mental, physical, social and spiritual well being. ❤️
7.30pm to 8.30pm Classes :
BEGINNERS SALSA – basic steps solo work and line up.
IMPROVER/INT+ SALSA SHINES – solo footwork and line up.
BACHATA BEGINNERS – basic steps solo and line up.
IMPROVER/INT+ BACHATA SHINES – solo footwork and line up.
KUDURO line up (including break down if you haven’t done it before)
? All Classes with Shahid – Salsa Buena !
All of the above is subject to the time available and can be subject to change dependant on the time available.
8.30pm Welcome to all!
8.30pm to.10pm – Salsa & Bachata music and dancing and social interactive party! We’ll take requests. There will be a LOT of INTERACTIVE fun between tracks, including competitions and trivia etc, make sure you have your video on and chat screen open, pen and paper. We always end with the KUDURO line up!
All times are approximate.
Salsa Buena Students, Friends, Fans and The World, I know we are all feeling it, and its not easy for everyone to be cooped up, socially isolated etc, and for those of us that love music and dancing in a social environment it’s even more frustrating!
So grab yourself a drink, put on your dance shoes and get ready to dance, mingle and socialise (safely online) with all your friends that you have missed and NEW friends that you will make.
The event is FREE if you have enjoyed and wish to donate anything (it’ll help cover the Zoom software cost) before or after the event you can do so here:
1. If you haven’t used zoom before (https://zoom.us/), please download it to your pc/phone and create an account (it’s free) etc way before the party starts, and give it a go with a meeting for yourself to iron out any kinks and settings for your device. You really don’t want to be spending most of the event time trying to set it up on your phone/laptop. There is also currently a 100 person limit so get on as soon as you can to be of your place. First come first served! Login details for the event are at the top of this event.
2. On your video screen when you are in the party you will see a ‘chat’ option. Please click this and keep the chat screen up. We will be using this a lot for some shout outs and fun stuff. The chat option also enables you to send message to everyone or a private message to any individual at the party.
3. Ideally for the classes you want to set the screen up to that the one with that is hosting (Salsa Buena) is the big main screen and central, you should then be able to see everyone else on smaller screens around the main screen. There is usually a pin video option, depends on your setup/device, again download and play around before the night.
4. Ideally set up your device so that you can see the screen and have space to dance safely. And set the sound to max (or adjust as necessary). Some of you may be able to and can google how to cast what is on your device to your tv screen.
5. Do please turn your video and mic option on, we all want to see each other and interact!
6. If you haven’t been dancing/keeping fit for a while and out of practice, please be sensible, take a break if it gets too much, sit and watch, use the chat option, have a drink and cool down – open a window etc.
7. Do have yourself a drink of whatever you fancy nearby the screen.
8. If you are alone (or not), keep your favourite cuddly toy, pet, mop, suitable inanimate object (and give it a name!) nearby and feel free to dance with it!
Many of you that have been to our events know the positive vibe and atmosphere and the awesome positive crowd of our students, fans and friends. So what better way than to just get us all together even if its just a short time to do some line ups, play some music and just get a chance to dance and see each other and spread that positive vibe to keep us going thru these unprecedented times. ❤️